Connect with us


GAME RECAP: Orange Lutheran comes back to get Revenge in a Thriller to Advance in the Division 1 Playoffs

Photo: JP Westerbeck/JPWest Media

HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA- Day 2 of the CIFSS Playoffs featured a wild one at Cap Sheue Field with a rematch of the Edison Chargers and the Orange Lutheran Lancers in the 1st round of the Division 1 Playoffs. Edison won game 1 in the regular season 34-13

Photo: JP Westerbeck/JPWest Media

1st Quarter: Both teams started the game off hot, as it started with a huge pass to Ashton Hurley and Carter Hogue finishing it off with a touchdown putting the Chargers up 7-0. Sophomore O Lu Quarterback, TJ Lateef would answer right back with a long run and then finish the drive up with a rushing touchdown of his own. Lancers would keep it rolling as Jackson Weng would run down the field to put the Lancers up 14-7. 

Photo: JP Westerbeck/JPWest Media

2nd Quarter: Edison would try to answer back but would end on a field goal by Nicolas Preston. Edison’s defense would help force a O Lu punt. The Chargers offense would get things going as Parker Awad would connect with Mason York to get into the red zone and later follow up to Dominic Lopez on a short pass to go up 17-14 at the half. 

Photo: JP Westerbeck/JPWest Media

3rd Quarter: Mason York would help the Chargers start the 2nd half on a big note on a huge touchdown from Parker Awad, Chargers up 24-14 headed into the 4th. 

Photo: JP Westerbeck/JPWest Media

4th Quarter: The Lancers knew what they needed to do for a comeback and it started in a big way as they get the safety on a intentional grounding in the end zone call. Then would be setup nicely on the next drive for the Lancers on a huge pass from TJ Lateef to Tyler Hennessy, TJ would just keep it and run it in himself putting the Lancers down by 2. Lateef would then throw a short pass to Garrett Schnabel to get the 2 point conversion. Chargers would answer right back though on a huge pass from Parker Awad to Ashton Hurley. Orange Lutheran wasn’t done though and wouldn’t go down without a fight as TJ Lateef would throw a huge pass to Jackson Weng to tie the game up at 31. Lancers would get the ball back and this time it was Lateef to Hennessy to put the Lancers up and tie their biggest lead of the night at 38-31. Edison tried to fight to get down the field as Parker Awad would complete a pass to Tucker Tripp putting the Chargers within 1. Edison would try for the 2 point conversion to win the game with 6 seconds left but the pass to Tripp was ruled incomplete as the Lancers would win it 38-37. 

Orange Lutheran advances to play St John Bosco next week. 

A great season for the Edison Chargers comes up just short. 

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Must See

More in Football